Whether I’m scrolling past an article or overhearing it on the news,
It seems like the mainstream media are constantly bombarding us with stories about the impending boom or bust of the property market.
I can totally see how people can misinterpret this and become short-sighted with their perspectives on property,
Trying to time the market.
Looking for the next wave to ride.
Investors need to be incredibly careful here.
Despite doing everything else correctly,
If you allow yourself to fall into the trap of thinking this way…
You might wake up in 20 years’ time feeling incredibly regretful of what “could have been”.
To put it simply,
Property is a long-term game.
Now, if you owned a property over the last few years,
I bet you think you might have a chance in a second career as a buyer’s agent 😜
What if I was to tell you that inflation and leverage have done more for your property’s value than the rebuild cost, interest rates, overseas investors or first-home buyers COMBINED?
An unspoken truth within property is that your asset could decrease in value by 2%…
You would’ve actually made more money with inflation being as high as 7%.
So, instead of wondering where the next hot spot is…
Let’s change the question to “How do I win over the next 30 years?”
The four biggest drivers for long-term success are:
– leverage, and
Understanding this, wouldn’t you start considering:
– Is there a way to better utilise leverage?
– Am I in the position to sacrifice yield for growth?
– Where can I find a high-yielding property, or
– Should I be buying lower-value properties to get into the market sooner?
Fortunately, we’re here to change the conversation…
Grant and I are breaking down the obsession to hit a home run over the next 12 months, when in reality… property is a long-term game.
Tune in now!
All information we share is NOT financial or investment advice and is purely intended for entertainment and educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before acting on any financial decision.
00:00 Welcome to Property and Investing
01:59 Playing the short-term vs long-term game in real estate
03:35 The media’s influence on investing
06:32 Are you in the right financial position for property investing?
09:42 Weighing your investment decisions
16:31 Taxes in property investing
19:07 Looking into the reasons why you’re investing
24:28 Keeping track of your numbers
26:27 Passing down your investments
27:17 Short-term vs long-term investments: a wrap-up
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast!
- Property and Investing website: https://propertyandinvesting.com/
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@propertyandinvesting
- Subscribe on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/property-and-investing/id1657091001
Connect with Us:
- Join the Property and Investing Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/propertyandinvesting
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/propertyandinvestingcom
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/propertyandinvesting/
- Follow us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@propertyandinvesting
- Send your enquiries or drop by to say hello: email@example.com